If you are looking for software that enables you to remotely control your scope, perform off-line analysis of waveforms, multi-scope capability, decoding of waveforms and much more, please see the official Tektronix software TekScope at https://scope.tekcloud.com.
I have release my TekScope Utility to try to help make your life easier fetching data from Tektronix Oscilloscopes, including Windows based oscilloscopes and the new 3, 4, 5 and 6 Series oscilloscopes. With luck, this utility will avoid you having to write your own code!
Please read the description below for details. Download links can be found at the end of this post.
This free software falls under the Tektronix Free Software Download Agreement (See below).
Free Software Download Agreement
This software is covered under the Free Software Download agreement. Not all free software has gone through Tektronix normal quality control or production processes, but is provided to users as an accommodation to respond to user requests. The free software is provided hereunder on an As-Is basis without any representation or warranty. Tektronix disclaims all warranties, whether express or implied, including warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement of intellectual property rights. In no event shall Tektronix be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages in any way arising out of or connected with the use of the free software.
NOTE: This software IS NOT an official Tektronix product and I am providing this software purely to try to make your lives easier. This means this is not a Tektronix supported piece of software. Do not try to contact technical support for help with this software. They will not help you!
If you need help using the program, please post your support request in the TekScope Utility Support forum thread.
If you find bugs in the program, please post your bug report in the TekScope Utility Bug Reports forum thread.
The threads linked above are the ONLY official locations for support request and bug reports. When you post in them I will be notified of your post by email. This is the only way you can ensure that I see your support request or bug report.
About this Software
TekScope Utility is a Free software utility designed for the transfer of data (screenshots, waveforms etc.) from Tektronix Oscilloscopes to the PC so they may be saved to the PC’s hard disk.
- Transfer and saving of screenshots (hard copies) from scope to PC (.png, .jpg or .bmp)
- Transfer and saving of analog waveform data from scope to PC (.CSV)
- Transfer and saving of digital waveforms data from scope to PC (.CSV)
- Transfer and saving of measurement data from scope to PC (.CSV)
- Transfer of scope setups to and from the scope
- Command console for interactive remote command sessions with instrument
- Data Logging of scope data to PC over time
- PC equipped with Supported Microsoft Windows Operating System
- Windows 7 32-bit or 64-bit
- Windows 8.1 32-bit or 64-bit
- Windows 10 32-bit or 64-bit
- 4GB RAM or more.
- Connected by GPIB, USB, RS232 or LAN to a compatible Tektronix Oscilloscope.
- VISA (Virtual Instrument Software Architecture) software supporting the VISA.NET library.
- NI VISA is recommended
- http://www.ni.com/download/ni-visa-run- ... e/7222/en/
- .NET Framework 4.6.0
The following Instruments are supported by this software.
- TDS200 Series
- TBS1000(B)(C) Series
- TBS1000B-EDU Series
- TBS2000(B) Series
- TDS2000(B)(C) Series
- TPS2000(B) Series
- TDS3000(B)(C) Series
- DPO MSO 2000(B) Series
- DPO MSO 3000 Series (Firmware Version 2.4 or Later)
- MDO3000 Series
- DPO MSO 4000(B) Series
- MDO4000(B)(C) Series
- 3 Series MDO
- 4 Series MSO
- 5 Series MSO
- 6 Series (B) MSO
- LPD64 Digitizer
- DPO MSO 5000(B) Series
- DPO 7000(C) Series
- DPO DSA MSO 70000 (B)(C)(D)(DX)(SX) Series
- Asynchronous Serial (RS-232) COM Ports
- GPIB (NI 488.2 compatible)
- Ethernet (VXI-11)
- USB (USBTMC)
- Download the .zip file to your PC
- Extract the .zip file to the location of your choice
- Double-Click "TekScope Utility.exe" to run the application.
Download TekScope Utility