Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

TekScope Utility Support

Dave W
Tektronix Applications
Tektronix Applications

TekScope Utility Support

Post by Dave W » May 8th, 2018, 9:46 am

This is the official location for support requests for TekScope Utility.

Please post your requests in this thread only.

RWong2000

Re: TekScope Utility Support

Post by RWong2000 » October 8th, 2018, 9:32 am

Hi Dave,

very useful utility, which I am using to save a hardcopy of the Screen Capture to my PC (or networked drive).

Just a thought, but it would be nice if the 'Select Instrument' panel had some 'helpful' examples of what to type in the 'VISA Resources Address' box for those that forget the format required?
For example, I was using a MSO54 via TCPIP and couldn't remember what the string format was. However, I did notice that the EScope view kindly had the string that needed to be entered. I guess the same would apply for GPIB

Dave W
Tektronix Applications
Tektronix Applications

Post by Dave W » October 8th, 2018, 9:54 am

Hi RWonn2000,

Thank you for the suggestion. I have added a tool-tip bubble which pops up when you hover your mouse over the VISA Resource Address field with your suggestion.

There is now a new version of the utility available for download over at the TekScope Utility thread. viewtopic.php?t=140451

gone4fishn

Post by gone4fishn » November 13th, 2018, 12:06 pm

i have been trying to use LabView to save a screen copy, using 'hardcopy'... i get an error 'timeout' when writing the file (set time for 40sec)
it works fine with 'tekScope utility' i would like to save the screen and setup when i save the data (i can save data ok)
are you using Labview?
any suggestions?
thanks 8-)

Dave W
Tektronix Applications
Tektronix Applications

Post by Dave W » November 13th, 2018, 3:19 pm

Hi gone4fishin. What model scope are you using and what interface. Timeout is usually a problem with transferring hard copies over RS-232 due to the slow data rates and large file size. TekScope Utility transfers hard copies over RS-232 by performing multiple reads in a loop until all bytes are read. Each read only transfers about 256 bytes at a time.

An as for is TekScope Utility using LabVIEW, the answer is no. It is written in C# targeting the .NET framework 4.6 and uses the generic IVI VISA.NET API for interacting with VISA.

gone4fishn

Post by gone4fishn » November 14th, 2018, 7:39 am

Hello Dave, thanks for reply. The 'tekScope Utility' works fine capturing the screen and setup from a MSO58LP scope.
i am just having a timeout error doing this with LabView16.
thanks

Dave W
Tektronix Applications
Tektronix Applications

Post by Dave W » November 14th, 2018, 10:07 am

OK, for series 5 MSO scopes the HARDCopy command will not return the screenshot data. To grab screenshots from the 5 Series you will want to use :SAVE:IMAGE <filename> to save the screenshot to the scope's hard drive, then query *OPC? so you know when it has finished. After that you will want to use FILESystem:READFile <filename> to transfer the screenshot.

Hope this helps!

Return to “Programming Support”