Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.
Thank you for reporting those. I will take them into consideration for a future update. The decimal setting should hopefully be something I can take care of with some settings in the .NET framework. The TDS3000 Ethernet issue... that instrument over Ethernet has proven difficult. I'll see what I can do there. Highly recommend GPIB though with the TDS3000 if you have it available. It seems to "just work."
I was able to look into your TDS3000 hard copy transfer issue yesterday. On a TDS3054C the image transfer over Ethernet worked just fine. Then I noticed you were using a B model. I managed to find a TDS3054B and try it and I saw the same issue as you. Following the IO Trace I could see that the issue was that the scope was only outputting a null byte in response to the HARDCopy START command, rather than the image. I have no idea why it does this. Guess it's a bug that was fixed in the C model? Anyway, it took a little while to figure out how to get it to send out an image over the Ethernet connection, but what I ended up having to do is change the HARDCopy:FORMat from PNG to BMPColor and now it works. It has to transfer many more bytes now, but this does seem to fix it so your hardcopy issue will be gone in the next release.
Recently downloaded the TekScope Utility software for use on our MSO58 scopes.
I connected this up by USB and everything was fine - we were able to take screenshots as required etc.
However, the software is no longer connecting to our scope.
There is an error message as follows:
"The resource is valid, but VISA cannot currently access it."
Can you help to get this back up and running, please?
The software does not seem to recognise the scope at all:
What should following options be set to:
Baud rate; Data Bits; Stop Bits; Parity; Flow Control?
Ps- Our MSO58 is updated with latest firmware V 1.16.6
Can't say for sure if I had this working prior to, or after the firmware update
The Serial settings (Data Bits, Stop Bits, etc...) are only relevant to serial COM port connections (i.e. RS-232) so these do not affect USB connections.
The message you saw, "The resource is valid, but VISA cannot currently access it.," is a VISA error and not a TekScope Utility error. It is indicating that VISA cannot access the scope. What the error sounds like is that there is an issue with the USB connections that is preventing VISA from accessing it. If you have an open USB connection to the scope in another piece of software (such as the VISA interactive utility) this could be the cause of the issue.
If you could capture a trace of the communication between the program and the scope using the IO Trace utility, I could take a look at it and see if I see anything weird going on there. Start the IO Trace utility capturing before you plug the scope in all the way until you see the error in TekScope Utility and I can follow it and try to figure out what is going on.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests