Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.
Thank you for reporting those. I will take them into consideration for a future update. The decimal setting should hopefully be something I can take care of with some settings in the .NET framework. The TDS3000 Ethernet issue... that instrument over Ethernet has proven difficult. I'll see what I can do there. Highly recommend GPIB though with the TDS3000 if you have it available. It seems to "just work."
I was able to look into your TDS3000 hard copy transfer issue yesterday. On a TDS3054C the image transfer over Ethernet worked just fine. Then I noticed you were using a B model. I managed to find a TDS3054B and try it and I saw the same issue as you. Following the IO Trace I could see that the issue was that the scope was only outputting a null byte in response to the HARDCopy START command, rather than the image. I have no idea why it does this. Guess it's a bug that was fixed in the C model? Anyway, it took a little while to figure out how to get it to send out an image over the Ethernet connection, but what I ended up having to do is change the HARDCopy:FORMat from PNG to BMPColor and now it works. It has to transfer many more bytes now, but this does seem to fix it so your hardcopy issue will be gone in the next release.
Recently downloaded the TekScope Utility software for use on our MSO58 scopes.
I connected this up by USB and everything was fine - we were able to take screenshots as required etc.
However, the software is no longer connecting to our scope.
There is an error message as follows:
"The resource is valid, but VISA cannot currently access it."
Can you help to get this back up and running, please?
The software does not seem to recognise the scope at all:
What should following options be set to:
Baud rate; Data Bits; Stop Bits; Parity; Flow Control?
Ps- Our MSO58 is updated with latest firmware V 1.16.6
Can't say for sure if I had this working prior to, or after the firmware update
The Serial settings (Data Bits, Stop Bits, etc...) are only relevant to serial COM port connections (i.e. RS-232) so these do not affect USB connections.
The message you saw, "The resource is valid, but VISA cannot currently access it.," is a VISA error and not a TekScope Utility error. It is indicating that VISA cannot access the scope. What the error sounds like is that there is an issue with the USB connections that is preventing VISA from accessing it. If you have an open USB connection to the scope in another piece of software (such as the VISA interactive utility) this could be the cause of the issue.
If you could capture a trace of the communication between the program and the scope using the IO Trace utility, I could take a look at it and see if I see anything weird going on there. Start the IO Trace utility capturing before you plug the scope in all the way until you see the error in TekScope Utility and I can follow it and try to figure out what is going on.
again, I am very happy with the TekScope utility per my other posting.
Just one minor bug: When capturing Waveforms from my MSO2024, the colours for channel 1 and channel 2 are swapped vs. the original colours on the device itself i.e. CH1 is blue, CH2 is yellow. Original colours are CH1 is yellow, CH2 is blue.
The colors of the waveforms on the Waveform tab of TekScope Utility are assigned automatically by the Microsoft Chart control. This is why they don't match. I could tweak the code to explicitly assign them colors to match the scope. Something for me to consider for next release.
I installed the tekScope utility v220.127.116.11 and try to use the data logger feature to get the data acquisition of my MSO5204B.
I have the following message "input string was not in a correct format" when starting the log (refer to the attachment).
Also, when I select only the "Analog waveform", the data logger strats but in the csv file all the value for all channels is 0.
The same message appears when I try to get data on "measurement" tab.
Get hard copy and "get setup" is working well.
Could you please help me
Thanks in advance
- TekScope utility error message.PNG (58.13 KiB) Viewed 118 times
Do you have NI IOTrace software? If you do, could you run IOTrace and capture the command traffic when this happens and then save the trace file and send it to me? This will help me diagnose what is going on.
Looking at the trace I see that the measured value is coming back as 99.00000000000E+36 rather than an actual measurement value. This may be because the value is being fetched too early and for fetch delay is needed for the scope to produce a value. With that said, this should not be what is causing the not a number issue.
I think the issue is the parser in .NET is adapting to your localization settings and is expecting a ',' for the decimal point while the scope uses a '.' for the decimal and this is causing the parser to barf. I will need to make changes to the code to force the parser to use English localization (not sure when that will happen).
As a work around for you, setting the language for your computer in Windows to English should make the parser work again and get rid of that not a number error. If you try this, please let me know your results if this fixes it so I know the effort to override .NET's localization will be worth it.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest