Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

Multitasking and query/update sync on MDO3000

markebowles

Multitasking and query/update sync on MDO3000

Post by markebowles » November 3rd, 2018, 11:24 am

Hello,

I am writing an application to monitor a continuous (many hours) process using an MDO3104 scope. Input signals will trigger a sample every 10 seconds or so, and the computer will fetch it from the scope shortly thereafter.

[ Please insert by reference the usual newbie apology here :-) ]

Multitasking: can the scope be relied upon to wait for a trigger for the next cycle, and process ethernet-based commands to download data from this cycle at the same time?

Query/update sync: do I have to manage possible collisions between the scope updating the waveform for cycle "n+1" while the computer is downloading cycle "n"? For example, does the scope transfer data to the computer out of waveform memory, or does it make a snapshot first?

I have the 1158-page programmer's manual, but can't find any documentation about this issue. If this is written down somewhere else, I would appreciate a pointer to it.

Thanks,
-- Mark

David N
Tektronix Applications
Tektronix Applications

Re: Multitasking and query/update sync on MDO3000

Post by David N » November 6th, 2018, 9:56 am

I would suggest setting your scope up for “single shot” acquisition. This will allow your trigger to capture the event at the trigger point. Then poll on the Acquisition state until the scope says it is done acquiring. When the acquisition state is done, you can pull the waveform data to your PC. When the data pull is completed, re-arm the trigger for the next trigger event.

You may also want to some of the programming examples listed on the forum at: viewtopic.php?f=580&t=133570

Return to “Programming Support”