Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

RSA 6100A Calibration Correction Table

richjohnson

RSA 6100A Calibration Correction Table

Post by richjohnson » January 9th, 2018, 1:14 pm

This command results in error "Command not recognized", when attempting to create a new correction file. The command is terminated with a Line Feed. I've tried all kinds of variations but still fails. A Tek support guy says the command works on his RSA6100B but I'm using RSA6100A, 32bit. This command is from the User Programmer Manual, CALibration:CORRection:EXTernal:EDIT<x>:NEW (No Query Form).
:CAL:CORR:EXT:EDIT1:NEW 1.0E+9,2.2 .

Rich J

richjohnson

Re: RSA 6100A Calibration Correction Table

Post by richjohnson » January 10th, 2018, 6:49 am

Looks like there is Calibration (aka Alignment) correction and an Input correction. I tried Input correction and it works. Here's the Programmer Manual paste of the command.

INPut:CORRection:EXTernal:EDIT<x>:NEW

INPut:CORRection:EXTernal:EDIT<x>:NEW <freq(1)>,<gain(1)>,<freq(2)>,<gain(2)>,...,<freq(n)>,<gain(n)>

But now I'm curious what does Calibration correction do? Does it correct the RSA Alignment?

CALibration:CORRection:EXTernal:EDIT<x>:NEW (No Query Form)

CALibration:CORRection:EXTernal:EDIT<x>:NEW <freq(1)>,<loss(1)>,<freq(2)>,<loss(2)>,...,<freq(n)>,<loss(n)>

w2aew
Tektronix Applications
Tektronix Applications

Re: RSA 6100A Calibration Correction Table

Post by w2aew » January 10th, 2018, 7:04 am

Rich,

We were able to verify that the CAL version of the command doesn't work on the RSA6100A even though it does work on the B series. I have been able to verify that the INPut version of the command works properly and does the same thing as the CAL version of the command on the B series. So, it's safe to say that you can use the INPut version in your application to setup the external gain/loss tables.

Nice to see you yesterday.

Alan

Return to “RSA5000/6000 Series”