Tektronix DM-5010

robertmgreen

Tektronix DM-5010

Post by robertmgreen » April 12th, 2017, 8:16 am

I use the DM-5010 programmable multimeter in vintage Automated Test Equipment for the troubleshooting and repair of circuit card assemblies. Recently when this item has been sent (in working order) to the local calibration facility, it has been returned with an op code error 351 (cal check sum error) followed by op code error 231 (not in cal mode) when reinstalled in the ATE. The calibration facility does not know what is causing the errors, nor does it know how to clear them to return them to normal operation. I currently have 5 units in this condition with my only remaining working unit in the equipment. Any help to remedy this problem would be greatly appreciated. Buying replacements is not preferable, since they would require calibration prior to use.

w2aew
Tektronix Applications
Tektronix Applications

Re: Tektronix DM-5010

Post by w2aew » April 12th, 2017, 8:22 am

You might find some help in the user/service manual which you can get here:
http://www.ko4bb.com/manuals/74.105.24. ... imeter.pdf

robertmgreen

Post by robertmgreen » April 12th, 2017, 9:36 am

Many thanks. I have an old hard copy of this manual. So far, haven't found anything that would help. Wish I had known about the link earlier, though. Had to go to Greece to get a CD copy in case my hard copy became too tattered to use.

robertmgreen

Post by robertmgreen » May 3rd, 2017, 5:26 am

After spending countless hours scouring the 5010 manual, I found an adjustment procedure in Section 6 that includes the jumper settings for proper calibration. Following that procedure cleared the error code 351; however, the error returned the next day after being powered down overnight, leading me to believe that the battery needs replacing to retain the new calibration settings. Currently waiting for its return from repair and will try again.

David N
Tektronix Applications
Tektronix Applications

Post by David N » May 4th, 2017, 4:46 pm

Error code 351 is a Check Sum Error. Most likely due to the rechargeable battery going bad and the instrument looses it's calibration. The battery will need to be replaced and the unit recalibrated. The battery was a 2.4V,0.15AH @ 14MA,(2)1/3 A CELLS,NICAD.

Return to “General Discussion”