Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

offline signal processing

KrisVS

offline signal processing

Post by KrisVS » June 19th, 2017, 7:12 pm

I am working on offline signal processing for DMT signal(similar to OFDM). For simplicity, I have sent a DMT signal from MATLAB(18432 samples) to AWG and AWG is connected to DPO71604. From the scope waveform, I have obtained/acquired data(25000 samples) which covers only a portion of input DMT signal?
In the next step, I will modulate and LED with the above DMT signal (from AWG) and detect it at the receiver. This requires synchronization and estimation for BER calibration. Since only a part of the DMT signal is acquirable, will this be a problem for signal recovery and calibration?

Right now, the signal detected from photo receiver module is unidentifiable due to noise and hence I could not find out what portion of the input signal is obtained after photo detection.
Can anyone help me on how to proceed for filtering and BER calibration?
Attachments
rECEIVED SIGNAL.PNG
Signal after photodetection and captured via DPO
rECEIVED SIGNAL.PNG (108.88 KiB) Viewed 6176 times
awg dmt SIGNAL.PNG
awg dmt SIGNAL.PNG (125.11 KiB) Viewed 6176 times
from DPO.PNG
Back2back connection between AWG and DPO
from DPO.PNG (55.55 KiB) Viewed 6176 times

Return to “General Discussion”