Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

TTR500 Measurement Calibration

wa2pux

TTR500 Measurement Calibration

Post by wa2pux » February 16th, 2020, 1:03 pm

In the past I have used an OLD HP VNA which seemed to require me to re-calibrate every time I changed either start or stop frequency. :-/

What I would **like** to do is set the start and stop frequencies for either side of the band in question, do a measurement calibration and then, while keeping the start and stop frequencies within the limits already calibrated, change start and/or stop frequencies to zoom in to a particular place of interest WITHOUT having to re-calibrate. I am hoping that as long as I remain within the original bounds, re-calibration is not needed.

Is this possible?

w2aew
Tektronix Applications
Tektronix Applications

Re: TTR500 Measurement Calibration

Post by w2aew » February 16th, 2020, 7:54 pm

With the TTR500 series VNA, as long as you're staying within the start/stop frequencies that you've calibrated over, the unit will interpolate the calibration results across your new set of measurement points. Of course, it is always recommended that you re-calibrate to get the best possible amp/phase results, just in case there are any unusual varations in the calibration results between the original measured points.

Return to “General Discussion”