Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

2465A power supply help needed

Darrell

2465A power supply help needed

Post by Darrell » April 7th, 2021, 11:33 am

Good morning all,

I recently acquired a nice 2465A scope at a yard sale. When I first powered it up the lights would flash for a second and go out, then nothing. ( also no display ). After turning it on/off several times I accidentally left it on and turned to do something else. When I looked at it again it had powered up and was working fine. It will power up once out of every 20 times. After reading as much as I could and watching a few videos I removed the power supply, checked all caps, etc, I could not find anything to condemn. What I did find is that ALL voltages at J-119 are a little too low. ( 5V is 4.3, 15V is 12.6, etc... ) When it does decide to power up all voltages are still just a little below what they should be.

Can anyone steer me in the right direction to troubleshoot this?

Thanks in advance,

Darrell

lungchard

Re: 2465A power supply help needed

Post by lungchard » April 9th, 2021, 11:57 pm

Hello Darrell,
I have a 2465B but it is probably very similar to your scope.
All the low voltage regulators use the +10V as a reference for their regulation.
Get a copy of the service manual from internet and see how to check this setting.
If it is too low then all the low voltage supplies will also be low.
The manual is very clear on how to adjust this setting.

Best Regards

Richard.

Return to “General Discussion”