Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

Wavestar and Instrument Manager error

ArbExpress, OpenChoice Desktop, ExceLINX, LabTracer, KI-Wave, KI-Tool, etc.
TekJared

Wavestar and Instrument Manager error

Post by TekJared » August 24th, 2020, 1:49 pm

I've been using Wavestar for years on multiple Windows OS, most recently Windows 10. Today, 8/24/20 I went to connect with Instrument Manager and got the following error:

"Instrument Manager User Interface Error 408
---------------------------
Unable to instantiate object (-InstSvr.InstMgr). Explanation: (0x80080005: Server execution failed)."

I'm sure it has to be related to a recent Windows Update either on the PCs or "server side" of our corporate network. Same behavior on multiple PCs and nothing else has changed from the day before.

Anyone else see this error message before and know how to fix it?

P.S. The scopes still iterate properly in the VISA Resource Manager and I can still connect via their web interfaces.

Thanks in advance.

TekJared

Re: Wavestar and Instrument Manager error

Post by TekJared » August 31st, 2020, 5:00 am

I made some progress, but not sure how. I no longer get the server error. I think the Windows Update in question was the Windows 10 Feature 2004 update.

Scopes are still iterating properly in VISA Resource Manager, but still don't show up in Wavestar's Instrument Manager.

Other than Wavestar, what is the recommended software for TDS3000 series? I just need something to do basic time and voltage measurements and then export those graphs (as an image) to Word. I can't seem to find any software on the site that works with TDS3000 series. Is there really no supported software anymore?

Return to “Other and Discontinued Software”