Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.
I am trying to send a user-defined waveform from a laptop to a device (keithley 3390 arbitrary waveform generator) using a USB interface.
when I press the button "send waveform", "send waveform" dialog window does not pop up, and therefore I am not able to output a waveform from a laptop to the device?
Can you help me with this problem, please?
1. Install NI-VISA (e.g. NI-VISA 17.5)
2. Install Java SE Runtime (e.g. Java 8 Update 171) (32-bit)
3. Connect your 3390 to your pc (in this case will detail using USB connction)
4. Download KI-Wave and install
5. Open NI-VISA Interactive Control and verify that you see your instrument listed at the bottom of the list under USB Instrument Resources as USB0::0x5E6::0x3390::nnnnnnnnnnnn::INSTR (where nnnnnn is the serial number of your instrument)
6. Start KI-Wave
7. Configure and add waveform segments to create a waveform
8. Press the "Send waveform to your instrument" button
9. The Send Waveform to Instrument... dialog will then appear with the Connect to choices at the top. Be sure to select USB0...
10. Press the Send button at the bottom of the dialog
11. Waveform will be sent to instrument
If Still Having Problems...
- what operating system do you have?
- what version of firmware is on your 3390?
- what version of java did you install?
- is the jave SE 32-bit or 64-bit?
I still have problem, that is the 'send waveform' dialog window still not pops up. I have done everything in the checklist you made.
my lapton is 64-bit, so I install 64-bit Java both JDK and JRE.
by the way, how to check the firmware for my 3390?
Not sure what Operating System you are using...is it windows 7 or windows 10 or ?
Whether it is 64-bit or 32-bit, but the actual KI-Wave app is 32-bit and needs 32-bit Java.
Install 32-bit Java and see if it helps.
Also, have you successfully installed NI-VISA?
Can you successfully connect to your instrument NI-VISA Interactive control?
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests