Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

KIWave_Version_1.1_setup.exe Unattended Install Help Needed

ArbExpress, OpenChoice Desktop, ExceLINX, LabTracer, KI-Wave, KI-Tool, etc.
DougJ12

KIWave_Version_1.1_setup.exe Unattended Install Help Needed

Post by DougJ12 » October 24th, 2012, 6:57 am

I am looking for assistance in performing an unattended install of KIWave_Version_1.1_setup.exe for the Keithley 3390.

OS is Windows 7 SP1 32 bit

This installer seems to be a NSIS (nullsoft scriptable install system) based installer.

Are there command line switches will will enable an unattended hands free installation? In my application monitor and keyboard are disabled so even a GUI based automation is not possible.

I tried (paying attention to CASE of the applied switches)

KIWave_Version_1.1_setup.exe /S
KIWave_Version_1.1_setup.exe /SD

This resulted in a window

Window Title was 16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem

"Administrator:C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe KIWAVE_version_1.1_setup.exe /S
The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction.
CS:087b IP:0109 OP:8f be 0e e2 85 Choose 'Close' to terminate the application."

Based on documentation I read on NSIS there does not seem to be the ability to create an answer file. Need assistance please

DougJ12

Re: KIWave_Version_1.1_setup.exe Unattended Install Help Nee

Post by DougJ12 » October 24th, 2012, 1:55 pm

RaymondR,

I do not have ability to reply to private messages.

How many systems do I plan to install this software on?

We are deploying this software on our Standard Image which gets preloaded on all controllers purchased by my company. To give you an idea we are talking hundreds per year and pushed to existing systems.

Stuart M
Keithley
Keithley

Re: KIWave_Version_1.1_setup.exe Unattended Install Help Nee

Post by Stuart M » November 5th, 2012, 6:48 am

I used a computer which is also based on Windows 7 SP1 32 bit to try the installation.
It ran correctly for silent mode installation appropriately as it did at for my win 7 x64 and my Windows XP systems.

Only thing should be aware is the UAC level should be adjuested to the lowest level, or Win7 System wil popup a messagebox to request the permission of access.

The issue you mentioned "The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction" seems an issue of your system, refer to the address below, for some possible suggestions Troubleshooting NTVDM and WOW Startup Errors:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/196453/en-us

Hope this helps!

Return to “Other and Discontinued Software”