Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

MSO64 Communication Commands: SAVEON:FILE:DEST

MSO54, MSO56, MSO58
cschrama

MSO64 Communication Commands: SAVEON:FILE:DEST

Post by cschrama » October 8th, 2020, 12:18 pm

I am not very well skilled with MATLAB and have found some code around the web to get me started. I am atomizing data collection and am using MATLAB to control multiple devices.

I currently have the system set up so that I can connect to the scope, set it in single trigger mode and notify me when the trigger has come in. After that notification I want to save the file (preferably .csv) to some specified location. I am able to run

Code: Select all

query(scope, 'SAVEON:FILE:DEST?')
and find the current folder that the files are being saved in. Going into the scope program and changing the folder there does change the output of the above code as expected. Now i want to set the location using the command, but when I run

query(scope, 'SAVEON:FILE:DEST "C:\Users\Tek_Local_Admin\My_file_path"')
I get this " Warning: Unsuccessful read: VISA: Timeout expired before operation completed."
I also get the same issues with the SAVEON:FILE:NAME command.

Any suggestions or comments are welcome. Also these files will be really large and I don't want to have to get the data in the MATLAB and then save it, that is just a lot of extra wasted time.

cschrama

Re: MSO64 Communication Commands: SAVEON:FILE:DEST

Post by cschrama » October 12th, 2020, 11:44 am

I figured it out. I am now using

SAVE:WAVEFORM ALL, "Path\to\file.csv"
and it is saving all Fast frame for all channels.

Return to “5 and 6 Series MSO Oscilloscopes (including 5 Series Low Profile)”