Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

2380-120 voltage controlled load disable

Series 2380 DC Electronic Loads
ggdecker

2380-120 voltage controlled load disable

Post by ggdecker » July 26th, 2021, 6:10 am

I've been using battery mode to turn off the load at a specific voltage while discharging a battery. My current issue is that my battery capacity exceeds the time limit allowed by the battery test mode.

All I want the load to do is turn off if the voltage drops below a set value. Is there a way to do this from the front panel? The VON setting doesn't seem to do anything.

Andrea C
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Re: 2380-120 voltage controlled load disable

Post by Andrea C » July 27th, 2021, 11:26 am

I'd imagine the constant current mode of operation is required so that the battery is discharged at a known C rate.

If the required duration is longer than the 99999 seconds supported by the 2380 load, a SourceMeter such as model 2450 may serve you better. With the built-in scripting in the instrument, you could easily implement a loop until the measured V falls to XX level while sinking a prescribed amount of current to discharge a battery. It could even save the V vs. Time model to a thumb drive, if desired.

Return to “Electronic Loads”