Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

labview

DMM6500 6½-Digit Touchscreen Multimeter
meir ejzenberg

labview

Post by meir ejzenberg » July 26th, 2018, 1:13 am

Hi
I purchases daq 6510 and connected it to labview. It worked weel, but suddenly stopped and give me the attached error massages
may someone help me?
thank you
Attachments
6510.png
device message
6510.png (1.93 MiB) Viewed 5182 times
Capture.PNG
labview massage
Capture.PNG (11.67 KiB) Viewed 5182 times

Andrea C
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Re: labview

Post by Andrea C » July 26th, 2018, 9:48 pm

In the menu, what is the command set? It has TSP or SCPI. The error is from TSP; The lab view driver needs scpi.
If you use VISA to write and read ascii strings, you can keep TSP mode and do really cool tsp stuff.

JonasLindner

Post by JonasLindner » August 29th, 2018, 1:05 am

Dear all,

i got a DMM 6500 and connected it to the computer with an USB-cable.

I am using Labview 14.00 and the NI-driver to control the instrument via Labview.
As suggested above, i changed the scripting language to SCPI in order to use the Labview driver.

Using VISA-connections i made sure that the device is listing ( tested *IDN?\n and read it out).

But when i run the "series scanning low level DCV.vi"i encounter some errors:

Unless i choose pseudocard 0 (no pseudocard), the configure pseudocard vi fails with the statement invalid parameter.

If i am using pseudocard 0, i get an error during the configure measurement step, cause any channel list selections returns in valid parameter in channel list.

I just try to use the FRONT/REAR channel to measure a voltage.

Whats the correct entry for the channel list to do this job? (I found nothing in the manual about this.)
Is using no pseudocard correct? Or do i need one? In which one would that be?

thanks for the help
Jonas Lindner

Brad O
Keithley
Keithley

Post by Brad O » August 29th, 2018, 8:27 am

Hi Jonas,

If you just want to measure with the front or rear input terminals then you will not need an instrument card. A pseudocard is used for setting up or troubleshooting a test that uses a scanner card, but it sounds like you'll only be using the terminals that come with the instrument? The driver should support measurements without a scanner card.

If you do need a card though, the DMM6500's only valid pseudocard is "2000", which emulates a 2000-SCAN or 2001-TCSCAN scanner card.

If you think there is a problem with the driver or .vi program, I would reach out to National Instruments as they handle support for labview. The DMM6500 driver page is here. On the top right of the page you will see a link for Request Support.

JonasLindner

Post by JonasLindner » August 30th, 2018, 1:20 am

Thank you for your advises, ill try it that way :)

JonasLindner

Post by JonasLindner » August 30th, 2018, 5:50 am

I figured the problem out:

The DMM 6500 supports only the pseudocard 2000, which is not contained in the Labview driver.

To bring things to a good end, someone has to rewrite the configure pseudocard.vi by adding the "2000" to the dropdown constant and the textblock for the SCPI command.

Brad O
Keithley
Keithley

Post by Brad O » August 30th, 2018, 6:29 am

I glad that solved the problem!

But I'm worried the "series scanning low level DCV.vi" might not be the vi you really want for your application. The pseudo card won't allow you to make any measurements so you should not not configure one when actually taking data. Unless you plan on adding a scanning card later? Or maybe I misunderstand your application?

Return to “DMM6500 Bench/System DMM”