Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

DMM6500 measurement delay in remote mode

DMM6500 6½-Digit Touchscreen Multimeter
yootuwen

DMM6500 measurement delay in remote mode

Post by yootuwen » September 10th, 2020, 8:18 pm

Hello, I use the (.Net) SCPI command to remotely control the 2230G-30-1 DC power supply for sweep voltage output. The sweep voltage sets the start voltage value and the end voltage value, and uses the step value to make the start voltage value pass the step long value plus or minus, can increase or decrease to the end voltage value. Now I use DMM6500 to measure the sweep voltage value of the 2230G-30-1 DC power supply output by PC software remotely control.

When I send the measurement command "MEAS: VOLT?" to DMM6500, after sending the set voltage value command "APPL CH1,(voltage)" to 2230G-30-1, I found that no matter whether the measured value is displayed on the screen, or when the NI-VISA driver "Session.RawIO.ReadString()" is used to read the data, there is always a delay of one step to obtain the accurate value. In other words, the voltage value measured this time is the voltage value output by the power supply in the previous step. Is this normal? Or is there any way to solve this problem?

The delay time I set for each step is 1 second, DMM6500 FW version is 1.0.04b.

Andrea C
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Re: DMM6500 measurement delay in remote mode

Post by Andrea C » September 23rd, 2020, 9:19 am

The firmware on the DMM is quite old. We are presently at 1.7.3 for that product.
Please download and apply firmware update from tek.com site.

If issue persists after FW update, an IOTrace file will be helpful to fully see the sequence of events between the PS and the DMM.

Return to “DMM6500 Bench/System DMM”