Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

Newbie: How to measure multiple channels

DAQ6510 6½-Digit Data Acquisition and Logging Multimeter System
RichardH

Newbie: How to measure multiple channels

Post by RichardH » September 16th, 2021, 12:05 pm

I am trying to figure out how to set up the 6510 to measure three channels from the rear slots using DCV (say 101 -> 103). I have had no luck setting up a scan (using Menu -> Channel -> Scan) so I am now trying the Trigger Model using the DurationLoop template, which seems much more flexible anyway. It seems to be working OK, I've got a total duration of 10 seconds and a delay of 100ms and the Trigger Model seems to work however only one of my channels has data when I look at the Graph or the Reading Table. It looks like only the channel that is closed at the moment I initiate the Trigger Model gets measured. I would expect the instrument to measure all three of my channels repeatedly, for a total of 10 seconds.

I must be missing something. In my fiddling and trying things I actually did get the 6510 to "scan" all three channels, I could hear the relays clicking as I would expect but then after about 5 seconds the instrument crashed with a blue-screen, so I lost the setting that made it work (and made it crash I suppose).

Any insight anyone has would be great!
Thanks

RichardH

Re: Newbie: How to measure multiple channels

Post by RichardH » September 20th, 2021, 11:14 am

Replying to my own post .. I learned from a Keithley applications engineer that the Measure/Digitize Trigger Model block only does one measurement of the current channel/function, it does not control the muxer in any way. In fact it appears that none of the Trigger Templates (or the TriggerFlow) allow you to control the muxer in any way.

Seems like a rather serious shortcoming for a multiplexed instrument.

Return to “DAQ6510 Data Acquisition and Logging Multimeter System”