Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

Resistance measurement from rear channels

DAQ6510 6½-Digit Data Acquisition and Logging Multimeter System
ulasus

Resistance measurement from rear channels

Post by ulasus » August 9th, 2021, 4:25 am

Hello, I am trying to measure a single 10kohm resistance with DAQ 6510 with a back 7701. I connected the resistance to the corresponding pins for channel 1 (1 for HI and 34 for LO) and I connected the 5V voltage source according to the connection instructions, but it still gives me overflow values. What am I doing wrong. Thank you.

Andrea C
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Re: Resistance measurement from rear channels

Post by Andrea C » August 10th, 2021, 10:22 am

Can you clarify about the role of the 5v supply?

For ohms measure function, the multimeter inside the DAQ6510 will force some current into the resistor, measure the V and automatically report the R from the measured V divided by the forced current. Use of external power supply is not typically involved.

ulasus

Post by ulasus » August 11th, 2021, 1:06 am

I checked the forum and I saw a similar problem of my colleague with a different terminal (I think it was 6847). I then checked and saw that for ohm measurement it is not necessary to use voltage supply. Although the problem still continues without the voltage supply. I can't measure the resistance, I always get overflow for every pin I connect. (I am trying to measure from channel 101, whose pins are indicated as 1 for HI and 34 for LO in 7701 manual.)

Andrea C
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Post by Andrea C » August 12th, 2021, 6:30 am

On the front of DAQ6510 is button/switch to select front vs rear terminals. Make sure it is set for rear so that closed channels of the 7701 card will be routed to the DMM.
Overflow from ohms measure function is typically due to open circuit conditions.

Return to “DAQ6510 Data Acquisition and Logging Multimeter System”