Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

selecting channel

Venkat

selecting channel

Post by Venkat » July 22nd, 2015, 8:08 am

Hi,

I have bought 2700 DMM and found that the slots (rare panel) for channel input were empty. I would like to use it for measuring the out put of a pressure transducer, resistance of a heater simultaneously. Please tell me what I am supposed to do?

Thanks

Joseph V
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Re: selecting channel

Post by Joseph V » July 22nd, 2015, 9:25 am

Hello

If you want to use the rear panel of the 2700 to connect to multiple DUTs you would need to purchase a plug-in module such at the 7700 which would allow you to measure 20 different devices.
For the transducer you would be able to reach the voltage of it and you could apply a math function to get the resulting pressure and you would be able to read the resistance of the heater, however you will not be able to do both of these measurements simultaneously you would only be able to do the measurements sequentially.

Venkat

Post by Venkat » July 29th, 2015, 10:59 am

Hello Joseph,

Thanks for the reply.
Do I have to purchase any connecting leads along with the 7700 channel module?
What is the basic difference between 7700 and 7703 modules for my application?

Andrea C
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Post by Andrea C » July 30th, 2015, 1:58 pm

The 20 channel model 7700 has screw terminals for connections to the wires of your devices.

The 32 channel 7703 does not have screw terminals. You'd have to connect to the 50-pin D-sub connectors.

A technical data book that highlights each of the available card types for the 2700 Series can be downloaded from here:
http://www.keithley.com/support/data?asset=9951

Return to “Series 2700 Multimeter/Data Aquisition/Switch System”