Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

output is not correct

zhengge

output is not correct

Post by zhengge » December 19th, 2011, 12:44 pm

We use 2700 multimeter.

It was working well all the time, but suddenly it did not function normally. The voltage all became 9.9E+37 (see attachment)
The attachment 2700 multimeter_1.jpg is no longer available
Attachments
2700 multimeter_1.jpg
2700 multimeter_1.jpg (61.23 KiB) Viewed 16286 times

Nathan S
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Re: output is not correct

Post by Nathan S » December 19th, 2011, 1:29 pm

I assume you're using one of our 77XX family of cards with the 2700 to take the measurement. The maximum voltage for those cards is 300V, though some models have a lower rating. 9.9E+37 is an overrange error stating that the value you are trying to measure is larger than the range (in your case, likely +/-300V). I am assuming your signal is too large for the combination of your card. If you did exceed the maximum voltage of the card, perhaps it was damaged. Try measuring a short, resistance or VDC functions and see if you get near 0 Ohms or 0 VDC. If not, likely your card will need service.

zhengge

Post by zhengge » December 19th, 2011, 1:37 pm

Thank you. I'm sure the voltage is small, no more than 1V for each channel.

Nathan S wrote:I assume you're using one of our 77XX family of cards with the 2700 to take the measurement. The maximum voltage for those cards is 300V, though some models have a lower rating. 9.9E+37 is an overrange error stating that the value you are trying to measure is larger than the range (in your case, likely +/-300V). I am assuming your signal is too large for the combination of your card. If you did exceed the maximum voltage of the card, perhaps it was damaged. Try measuring a short, resistance or VDC functions and see if you get near 0 Ohms or 0 VDC. If not, likely your card will need service.

Dale C
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Post by Dale C » December 20th, 2011, 5:06 am

First I would check to see if it is the software or the hardware.
Please check the 2700 by closing a channel and trying to read it. Is it what you expect?
If it is then try scanning the channels and then recalling the data.
If the data is OK then go back to the software.
Are you using Excelinx?
Can you post the DMM SCAN and DMM CONFIG sheets?

Return to “Series 2700 Multimeter/Data Aquisition/Switch System”