Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

2701 Firmware Versions and where to find ?

Dave_Bex

2701 Firmware Versions and where to find ?

Post by Dave_Bex » November 7th, 2015, 6:45 am

Ok in the post
"2700, 2701 and 2750 Firmware Down Loads" at the top of the Forum its got :-

Firmware Downloads 2701:
Applicable Products: 2701
Current Version: D04
http://www.keithley.com/base_download?dassetid=50622
Download D04 Release Notes (released April 30, 2009)
This link in fact links to a PDF that talks about updating to B02 so not only is it not firmware its not even version D04 !

Going via support firmware for 2701 gives =
http://www.keithley.com/support/keidoc_ ... e=Firmware
Just release notes but no software -- and release note only for older version !

so nothing of use there --

When I downloaded the KickStart package it says it supports the 2701 with a minimum of D05, so its out there somewhere, may be even newer !

So where are the files for the update hidden ? assuming calibration in not compromised by the update.

PS. Seem to have had to register for both keithley.co.uk and keithley.com -- co.uk > often refers to .com and end up having to log in a second time -- is this how its supposed to be or is there a delay between synchronising between co.uk and .com ?

Dave

Instrument Details
Date 11/07/2015
Time 14:20:26.14
Firmware Revision B02
Display Firmware Revision A02
Serial Number 1239663
Calibration Date 06/02/2009
Calibration Count 1
Calibration Due Date 06/02/2010
Board Serial Number A831992
Board Revision G

Just noted that the same question was asked in the post http://forum.keithley.com/phpBB3/viewto ... 2&t=123280
It looks as if this was never resolved - but it does indicate that there is a version D05 being shipped as one of the four 2701's he has was shipped with version D05 software -- and it would be logical to assume this is the newer version -- also matches with the software revision the KickStart software requires to function.

Dale C
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Re: 2701 Firmware Versions and where to find ?

Post by Dale C » November 9th, 2015, 10:32 am

Hello Dave,
Kickstart should work with a 2701 and B level firmware. I am using a revision A10 unit and it works.
I would try your unit with Kickstart.
We are going to get the D05 firmware posted but it will not help with your unit.
Your unit is a B version. And cannot be upgraded to a D version by simply upgrading the firmware.
There are hardware changes , like a new digital board.

Dave_Bex

Post by Dave_Bex » November 9th, 2015, 3:41 pm

Thank you Dale for replying.

Have installed the Kickstart software, and it is working - it may be worth updating the section in the documentation that specifies the minimum instrument software requirement to reduce confusion.

From your explanation I take it that there are four versions of the 2701 hardware, with software versions to match, the alphabetic character at the start indicating the version of hardware required ?
Is B02 the last version of firmware for the "B" version of the hardware ?
( With Microsoft dropping active-x for windows 10, will need an update - or have I got that wrong ?)

Have now spotted an issue with the kikstart software - assume need to post to the right section of the Forum ?
( 7708 mux - 4wire-RTD -- list of RTD types has PT100 missing ?)

Dale C
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Post by Dale C » November 10th, 2015, 9:49 am

yes, I see there is no PT100 for 4W RTD in Kickstart.
I will enter in a bug report.

Return to “Series 2700 Multimeter/Data Aquisition/Switch System”