Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

2701 + 7702 Switched Input and Current Wiring

mrtumnus

2701 + 7702 Switched Input and Current Wiring

Post by mrtumnus » February 11th, 2016, 2:24 pm

I am using a Keithley 2701 + 7702 module in a manufacturing test system. There are 16 120VAC inputs that each have voltage, two current points, and ground continuity measured. My question involves the wiring of the current inputs. I would like to use the 7702 module to select the input to be measured (CH1-40), then select the load to apply (CH41 or 42). This all without external relays to turn on or off the load. My initial wiring ended up having current flowing through both loads whenever an input was selected. Having thought about it some more, I think I've found a solution that should work, but it depends on how the INPUT HI behaves when doing ACI measurement. This hinges on being able to close the input, current load, and backplane connector channels concurrently (using ROUT:MULT:CLOS (@....)).

My wiring diagram is attached. Is this an appropriate way to achieve my goal? I'd prefer not to blow up my equipment. :D

Diagram notes:
The "SHUNT" is simply a placeholder for *whatever* the meter has
"PLUG" is the input selected for test
The switch on the input side of CH41 is a manual switch. Just ignore it and consider it a different load than the one for CH42

Thanks!
Elliott
Attachments
IMG_20160211_161120.jpg
wiring diagram
IMG_20160211_161120.jpg (787.35 KiB) Viewed 11033 times

mrtumnus

Re: 2701 + 7702 Switched Input and Current Wiring

Post by mrtumnus » February 12th, 2016, 7:35 am

This seems to be working OK. The loads are measured independently now. I just hope I'm not doing bad things to the INPUT HI connection.

Dale C
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Re: 2701 + 7702 Switched Input and Current Wiring

Post by Dale C » February 12th, 2016, 10:46 am

The terminals for DCV, ACV, 2W ohms, 4W ohms and temp are the INPUT HI and INPUT LO (SENSE HI and SENSE LO for 4W ohms).
The terminals for DCI and ACI are the AMPs(for HI) and INPUT LO for LO.
The INPUT HI and INPUT LO terminals are protected to 1000V through front panel terminals and 300V through switch cards.
The AMPs terminal is protected with an in line fuse at 3A and 250V.
From your set up , I would state the input is protected for all your voltage and current levels.
Hope this helps.

Return to “Series 2700 Multimeter/Data Aquisition/Switch System”