Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

LabView-Control and no comm link-error

Fundador

LabView-Control and no comm link-error

Post by Fundador » October 16th, 2015, 4:39 am

Hello,
I'm remote-operating my 3706 with a 3721-ST card and perform 4-Wire measurements.
I use the LabView-driver and have a problem with the "scan.execute" visa write in the belonging vi.
Using the foreground-scan I send my configuration including scan list/count, then it sends an error (-1073807305) while the keithley is still measuring which of course messes up the rest of my program.
I fixed it with making a short Test-Scan (some sekonds) and then I calculate the time needed for lets say 100 measurements and add a delay between the visa write and the error-query. Is there a better way to do it?

Since some time I noticed the error "No comm link" in the display which occures sometimes after 2h, sometimes after 16h of operation.
A restart fixes it, but it is kind of unpredictible. Do I have to expect this to get worse?

Thank you already,

Tom

Dale C
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Re: LabView-Control and no comm link-error

Post by Dale C » October 16th, 2015, 7:34 am

Tom,
That no com link error is intermittent at best. And that is probable causing the errors.
I would recommend sending the unit in for service when you get a break from using the unit.
They should be able to put it through its paces and discover this issue.
The service number is 5030-627-2445.
or email
[email protected]

Return to “Series 3700 Switch System/Multimeter and Plug-In Cards”