Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

Can't store buffer data to USB on 3706A

pfsal256

Can't store buffer data to USB on 3706A

Post by pfsal256 » March 4th, 2016, 11:11 am

Cannot store buffer data from manual scan or web interface.
Web interface has no way to save buffer data. Only thing that's possible is to export graphical file of graphed data (export chart image).
Tried manually on front panel and I get an error 2203 "cannot open file". Tried multiple USB drives with different formats (2gig, 8gig, 16gig).
Why is there no way to get the raw data from the web interface and why so hard to get it on USB? Software updates anyone?
Also, this interface doesn't like the word "P" "I" "C" ... when you try to preview the post it turns it into a dash

brian.d.smith
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Re: Can't store buffer data to USB on 3706A

Post by brian.d.smith » March 7th, 2016, 6:39 am

What firmware are you using? 1.53 is the latest.

If you want to save data to a PC directly, you have to use Labview, C++, Python, etc. Your choice for user interface. I have successfully used Python with a customer to create a remote data logging measurement system.

pfsal256

Post by pfsal256 » March 7th, 2016, 10:23 am

My configuration
3706A with firmware 1.53c
1 - 3722 Dual 1X48 Multiplexer card.
Connected to laptop through ethernet cable (crossover)

I thought I could set this instrument up quickly to do simple scan of 5 channels (voltage measurement) every 30 seconds (200 total measurements) without having to do a program. I can do it through the web interface (scan builder) but there is no way to get the raw data that I can see (no button to dump buffer to USB stick). I can get a graph of the data only.
So, this instrument is not designed to do this type of quick measurement?

Also tried to use the test script builder to do it, but that won't recognize the 3706 is even connected through the instrument console.
I just want to get the raw data dumped to usb stick after the scan is complete.

pfsal256

Post by pfsal256 » March 7th, 2016, 2:03 pm

I figured it out using the dmm.appendbuffer() command

Ex-> dmm.appendbuffer("testdata","/usb1/mydata")
..... where testdata is the buffer name and mydata is the .csv file on the usb drive

Return to “Series 3700 Switch System/Multimeter and Plug-In Cards”