Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

Keithley 3706 No front panel display

ejbagacina

Keithley 3706 No front panel display

Post by ejbagacina » April 5th, 2017, 10:43 pm

Hi,

I'm using a Keithley 3706 System Switch/Multimeter.

I am having trouble after system power on and initialization - there is no DMM display on the front panel.
The display will only return to normal after several hours of power off and on trials.

In addition to this, when I try to run my labview software which communicates with the 3706,
I get Keithley "error code 2203 Cannot Open File"

I'll highly appreciate it if someone can give insight to this issue.

brian.d.smith
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Re: Keithley 3706 No front panel display

Post by brian.d.smith » April 6th, 2017, 6:33 am

There may be a loose connector from the main board to the front panel. You can open the case and try to find the connector that powers the front panel to determine if that is the problem. If you cannot correct the problem this way, the 3706 will have to be sent for repair.

To troubleshoot the Labview problem, I would start by connecting to the 3706 with Keithley Communicator to determine if you can send script commands from a PC to the 3706 and receive returns from the 3706.

ejbagacina

Re: Keithley 3706 No front panel display

Post by ejbagacina » April 10th, 2017, 5:51 pm

We tried to open the device but we found no loose connectors.
To clarify things, only the DMM is not displayed but the front panel display is working since I can change the settings and config.
There is also no response when I press the 'DMM' button.

Do you might know a nearest service center here in the Philippines?
I already requested a repair quote from the tektronix website but still I haven't gotten any reply.
Attachments
Keithley_display_error.jpg
Keithley_display_error.jpg (12.14 KiB) Viewed 9033 times

Return to “Series 3700 Switch System/Multimeter and Plug-In Cards”