Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

Keithley 3706A - measuring voltage and resistance by using 3730 matrix card

Tomislav

Keithley 3706A - measuring voltage and resistance by using 3730 matrix card

Post by Tomislav » August 25th, 2017, 4:59 am

Hello,
I am using Keithley 3706A with 3730 matrix card included.
Idea of my program is to measure voltage on channels 1101, 1102 and resistance on channel 1103 of matrix card. This process should be repeated for example five times.
Inside for loop I define dmm function, apperture and range for channels 1101, 1102 also I do the same for channel 1103. The difference is in DMM function which changes. I believe this is reason of big time delays which significantly affects total measuring time. Or please correct me if I am wrong.
Is there a way to achive same algorithm but excluding time delays? Please find attached the code (
Lua_code.txt
(1.38 KiB) Downloaded 808 times
).

Best regards
Tomislav

Dave W
Tektronix Applications
Tektronix Applications

Re: Keithley 3706A - measuring voltage and resistance by using 3730 matrix card

Post by Dave W » January 8th, 2018, 12:26 pm

Hi Tomislav,

What you are doing can be achieved by configuring a scan on the instrument and executing the scan. Once the scan is configured it only requires a single command to run it and it will run as quickly as possible, faster than your script will run. Please consult the Reference Manual for details on how to configure a scan.

3706A Reference Manual

Return to “Series 3700 Switch System/Multimeter and Plug-In Cards”