Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

3706A thermocouple type

Carlos17

3706A thermocouple type

Post by Carlos17 » September 4th, 2017, 12:22 am

Hi every one,
I am a new user of a Keithley 3706A. I am trying to perform a simple temperature measurement by using a thermocouple type T. After connecting my T thermocouple to the 3720-ST terminal block and following the procedure given in the "3706A User's Manual" page 5-60 (T type thermocouple and internal reference junction are selected), the Keithley displays a temperature value on the front panel. The problem is, on the "Measurement function attributes" of the Keithley it is indicated that I am using a K_T/C (default type) and not a T_T/C (that I have selected), does anyone know why?

My second question: is it possible to change the default thermocouple for temperature measurement in a given channel from K type to T type? If yes, How to do it?

Thank you in advance for your help

Carlos

Andrea C
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Re: 3706A thermocouple type

Post by Andrea C » September 14th, 2017, 5:39 am

Hi Carlos,

Can you double check you procedure for selection of the thermocouple type. It works fine for me. My firmware is 1.53.c
3706A_Ttype_TC.PNG
3706A_Ttype_TC.PNG (591 KiB) Viewed 6790 times
While the instrument defaults cannot be changed, you can store and recall instrument configurations.
Check out "Create Config Script" and optionally running it as an autoexec. It is on page 2-55 in the Rev C version of the 3706A Reference Manual.
You may want to check for updated manuals. Your reference to page 5-60 in User manual did not correlate with the latest versions of the User and Reference Manuals.

Return to “Series 3700 Switch System/Multimeter and Plug-In Cards”