Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

2306 OVERFLOW in current line

2302, 2303, 2303-PJ, 2304, 2306, 2306-PJ, 2306-VS, 2308
YusifNurizade

2306 OVERFLOW in current line

Post by YusifNurizade » November 22nd, 2011, 11:35 am

I touched on this subject in a different post but it's become enough of an issue to warrant its topic.

Thanks to the help I received on this forum, I wired my 2306 with a remote sense connection (as per the manual) and got it to interface with LabVIEW. At present I can control the voltage without issue.

My problem is that the current line of the digital display is reading OVERFLOW. When the instrument wasn't wired to anything I was getting a current reading that jumped between 1-2 A so I wired a 10 ohm, 5 W resistor and set the voltage to 1V. I assumed this would give me a current of .1A (.1A *10ohm = 1V) with a power drain of 0.1W (0.1A^2 * 10ohm = 0.01 *10 = 0.1W). While the voltage and current were independantly verified with a DMM and the voltage was easily set via LabVIEW, the current line has been reading OVERFLOW no matter what I do. The current limit is set to 5A and, though I am certain this is a display issue rather than a screwup in the circuit (since the DMM is reading correctly), I am very much stumped as to the next step.

Please advise.

Thank you,
Yusif

Nathan S
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Re: 2306 OVERFLOW in current line

Post by Nathan S » November 22nd, 2011, 2:24 pm

While the current limit is set to 5A, what is the current measurement range on the 2306 as it has 5A, 5mA, and AUTO as selections. You can change this by sending either :SENS:CURR:AUTO ON (auto range on) or :SENS:CURR:RANG 5 (to set to the 5A range, fixed on that range). If you are on the lower range, you will read that overflow though your current limit is set correctly.

YusifNurizade

Re: 2306 OVERFLOW in current line

Post by YusifNurizade » November 23rd, 2011, 6:25 am

I have been setting the current measurement range to 5A manual via the Keithley front panel. The path I take is Menu:Current Range #1:5A.

Could it be something else?

Return to “Series 2300”