Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

Firmware revisions and thermocouples

2015, 2015-P, 2016, 2016-P
Macduff

Firmware revisions and thermocouples

Post by Macduff » July 10th, 2015, 4:28 am

I have a 2015 THD firmware revision B12, I understand the latest version is B17. What improvements are there in the newer firmware?

e.g. I have noticed some posts refer to using a type E thermocouple, but my options are only type J,K,T.

The thermocouple JUNC options include SIM and CH1. How do I use CH1 for cold junction compensation, considering the 2001TC-SCAN card will not fit?

I have also heard that after a firmware upgrade all the settings in the EEPROM will be incorrect and the unit needs to have a full calibration update. Is this true? I've read other posts for the 2000 model that imply this is only for the newest firmware (A20?) on the 2000.

Norbert W
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Re: Firmware revisions and thermocouples

Post by Norbert W » July 15th, 2015, 4:50 am

Hello,
I was told that there has been no recent addition of further thermocouple types to our model 2015.
A firmware change on the model 2015 is not possible as flash, but would impose hardware changes.
Current firmware is C01.

Macduff

Post by Macduff » July 15th, 2015, 12:09 pm

Yes, I bought a couple of AT27C020 OTP EPROMS from RS. I'm Just waiting for a PLCC32 to DIP adaptor so I can program them with B17 which is the newest binary I can find -. Is the C01 firmware available for ftp download, or can Keithley email it?

brian.d.smith
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Post by brian.d.smith » July 16th, 2015, 9:37 am

Macduff wrote:Yes, I bought a couple of AT27C020 OTP EPROMS from RS. I'm Just waiting for a PLCC32 to DIP adaptor so I can program them with B17 which is the newest binary I can find -. Is the C01 firmware available for ftp download, or can Keithley email it?
Send me a PM with your email address and I will email the .X file and release notes to you.

brian.d.smith
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Post by brian.d.smith » July 16th, 2015, 9:40 am

From the release notes "The Model 2015 firmware version C01 is incompatible with older versions of the Model 2015 hardware which used version B17 firmware or older."

Macduff

Post by Macduff » July 17th, 2015, 7:18 am

brian.d.smith wrote:Send me a PM with your email address and I will email the .X file and release notes to you.
Unfortunately I get We are sorry, but you are not authorized to use this feature. You may have just registered here and may need to participate more to be able to use this feature. when trying to PM you. My email address is part of my user profile account settings, maybe you can get it from there as a mod? (I would post it here but for the spambots crawling the web).

If you could send me both B17 and C01 and the release notes for them that would be great.

brian.d.smith
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Post by brian.d.smith » July 25th, 2015, 11:29 am

I tried to send you a PM. It appears that your email address is not visible to me or the forum software.

You can email me at my user name at keithley dot com.

alocam

Post by alocam » November 25th, 2017, 3:09 pm

Hello, I have just acquired a 2015, and I would like to check on whether I should upgrade firmware. Current version is A07 / A02, which seems to be pretty old.

In case of firmware upgrade, is there a way to save and later restore the calibration data? System is still under calibration, and I would definitely like the unit to keep calibration.

Thank you and best regards

Return to “Series 2015 & 2016 THD/Audio Analyzers”