Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

Keithley 2015 Won't Save Calibration

2015, 2015-P, 2016, 2016-P
oddiohead44

Keithley 2015 Won't Save Calibration

Post by oddiohead44 » December 31st, 2018, 9:34 pm

Hello everyone. I had to do a few repairs to my Keithley 2015. I had to fix 2 power supply rails as well as replace quite a few components in the voltage ref circuitry. I have a couple of decent voltage, R and I sources in my lab. My intent is to actually send it off for a proper calibration but I wanted to test it out before I send it off.
When I select DCV cal I reference everything to my 34401 which just got back from cal. Once finished and I save the calibration it is spot on to my Agilent. But as soon as I power it off and then back on it reverts to the old readings. Does anyone have any ideas?
Thank you for your time.

Dale C
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Re: Keithley 2015 Won't Save Calibration

Post by Dale C » January 3rd, 2019, 8:11 am

Sounds like the unit never saved the new cal constants.
Here is an excerpt from the 2015 service manual about saving cal constants.

Setting calibration dates and saving calibration
At the end of the calibration procedure, the instrument will display the CALIBRATION
COMPLETE message. Press ENTER to continue, and the Model 2015 will prompt you to enter
the calibration date and the calibration due date. Set these dates as follows:
1. At the CAL DATE: mm/dd/yy prompt, use the left and right arrow keys, and the range
keys to set the calibration date, then press ENTER.
2. The unit will then prompt you to enter the next calibration due date with this prompt:
CAL NDUE: mm/dd/yy. Use the left and right arrow keys, and the range keys to set the
calibration due date, then press ENTER.
3. The unit will prompt you to save new calibration constants with this message: SAVE
CAL? YES. To save the new constants, press ENTER. If you do not want to save the
new constants, press the down range key to toggle to NO, then press ENTER.
NOTE Calibration constants calculated during the current calibration procedure will not be
saved unless you choose the YES option. Previous calibration constants will be
retained if you select NO.

oddiohead44

Re: Keithley 2015 Won't Save Calibration

Post by oddiohead44 » January 3rd, 2019, 6:03 pm

Thank you for your reply. I followed that process 3 times and every time I power down they are not saved. I was told on another forum that I can't do partial cal from the front menu but it is stated opposite in the manual Th resistance has been spot on even through this all. I may have to send it off and have it done. It is the best meter I have ever owned. If there is anything else you think it may be please let me know. Otherwise thank you for your effort!

Return to “Series 2015 & 2016 THD/Audio Analyzers”