Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

curve I-V cell solar

daniel lopes

curve I-V cell solar

Post by daniel lopes » March 11th, 2014, 5:22 pm

hello,

I have a SMU 2400, need to do the IV curve, I made a program in labview to measure voltage and current, while the light is varied, but the chart is not the same as shown in the various articles and videos Keithley. help me.

Dale C
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Re: curve I-V cell solar

Post by Dale C » March 13th, 2014, 12:57 pm

Not sure what you mean by the chart is not the same.
There are two Labview VIs that run sweeps. The link is shown below for both VIs.
One is for sweeeping voltage and measuring current and the other is for sweeping current and measuring voltage.
See if this helps.
This one is for source I measure V
http://www.keithley.com/support/data?asset=16127
This one is for Source V measure I
http://www.keithley.com/support/data?asset=16128

daniel lopes

Post by daniel lopes » March 14th, 2014, 8:04 am

hello,

To make the IV curve of the solar cell in the dark apply a scan I measure voltage and current, illuminated IV curve to do the same thing but they are lit, is it? do the inversion of the curve to reach the typical curve, but the curve is different.
I'm using a SMU 2400, to do the IV curve of the solar cell.

Andrea C
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Post by Andrea C » March 16th, 2014, 4:49 am

Hi Daniel,
Are you using the 4-wire connections from the 2400 to your solar cell? It is recommended to use 4-wire connections so that you eliminate the series resistance from the cables between the SourceMeter and the solar cell. Be sure to also command the 2400 to make use of 4-wire remote sense in your LabVIEW code.

To verify the both the 2400 and the LabVIEW code that you use, I recommend to obtain a diode or small value resistor that will operate at similar voltage and current values that you are expecting from your solar cell.

Here is a link to a web page that discusses the effects of both shunt resistance and series resistance on the shape of the IV curve:
http://pveducation.org/pvcdrom/solar-ce ... esistances

Andrea

Amjad_F

Post by Amjad_F » March 14th, 2017, 8:16 am

Where can I find sweep V measure I LabView VI?
As the link given in 1st reply in this thread by Dale doesn't lead to the said page.

Return to “Solar Cell Measurements”