Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

Simultaneous measurement of Capactance versus voltage and Current versus voltage.

harshavardhan13

Simultaneous measurement of Capactance versus voltage and Current versus voltage.

Post by harshavardhan13 » January 6th, 2018, 3:19 am

I want to measure CV and IV simultaneously in order to check some effect in solar cells. For this, I am designing the setup using SCS 4200/LCR meter to measure the CV by sweeping the voltage. For measuring the current I'll be using multimeter2000, connected across the device and is parallel to the LCR meter. In order to sync the time of measurement, I am writing a LabVIEW program. My question is "Does the frequency from LCR meter/SCS4200 effects the IV measurement in multimeter or not?" Or is this correct way of simultaneous measurement of CV and IV. Is there a better way of measuring?

Andrea C
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Re: Simultaneous measurement of Capactance versus voltage and Current versus voltage.

Post by Andrea C » January 9th, 2018, 7:05 am

The goal of simultaneous DC current while performing the AC based capacitance voltage profile is a difficult task.

Assuming no reactive interference by the presence of multimeter, in order to measure current, it would need to be wired in series with the LCR meter and the device rather than across the device.

Depending on the capacitance of the device, it might be better to use a bias Tee. Rather than using the internal DC voltage of the CVU meter, use the bias tee and a SMU to apply the DC bias and directly measure the DC current with the SMU while the CVU performs the AC Impedance measurement.

Return to “Solar Cell Measurements”