Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

Measure OFETs with 2614B and TSP Express

ppeach89

Measure OFETs with 2614B and TSP Express

Post by ppeach89 » October 20th, 2016, 9:52 pm

I've tried using the TSP Express to set up a test for OFETs with 2614B and am facing now two main issues:

(1) Collecting output curves (sweep Vd and measure Id, step Vg) is fine, but I could not obtain the transfer curves (sweep Vg and measure Id, step Vd). The problem is that Id is only measured when Vd is stepped. Or to make it clearer, I need to sweep the voltage on one SMU (SMUa) and measure the corresponding current on another SMU (SMUb) for every SMUa voltage. Is it possible to do this?

(2) The sweep is only possible one way (start point to end point). Is it possible to configure a dual sweep (start to end and back to start, i.e., forward then reverse)?

If I need to do scripting, are there any examples for this? Or any LabView examples? Also, will the KickStart software cover 2600 series anytime soon?

Thanks!

Andrea C
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Re: Measure OFETs with 2614B and TSP Express

Post by Andrea C » October 21st, 2016, 6:24 am

Yes, you can measure the Id-Vg transfer curve with the TSP Express.

Even though you want a constant bias voltage at the drain, still configure the drain SMU for sweeping.
If the start and stop voltages are the same value, then the "sweep" will effectively be a bias condition.

Assign both the gate and the drain SMU for Sweep mode of operation.
Sweep the gate from start to stop.
Sweep the drain from bias to bias (same value for each).

The number of sweep points will be the same for both SMU. This way you can obtain an Id measurement for each Vg value.

Question 2: no direct easy support for dual sweep in TSP Express. You could try custom sweep and enter the list of values. Save the TSP project for use next time so that you do not have to enter the list each time.

ppeach89

Post by ppeach89 » October 26th, 2016, 11:21 pm

Thank you, Andrea C!

That means I have to do multiple sweeps separately for each Vd value then, and no dual sweeps. We are trying to write a LabView for that. I wish I had known these issues before purchasing the 2614B... Hope Keithley has a better supporting software for 2600s in the future.

brian.d.smith
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Post by brian.d.smith » October 29th, 2016, 3:08 am

TSP express is not intended to be a full-featured platform for every measurement type. TSP Express is a free web page that can get you taking measurements immediately after power up the instrument for the first time.

We sell a full-featured software package called ACS Basic that has the features you require.

Have you tried IVY? The initial version of IVY did not support sweeping the Gate/Base of a 3-terminal device. The latest version of IVY does support sweeping the Gate/Base of a transistor.

ppeach89

Post by ppeach89 » October 29th, 2016, 5:25 am

A Keithley engineer did show us the IVY with the 2614B when he came to demo the new 4200. He said it is only touch-enabled and cannot control the sweeping rates properly though (cannot set measurement parameters and press 'start'). So I did not try it further, should I?

And ACS Basic is rather expensive...

brian.d.smith
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Post by brian.d.smith » October 31st, 2016, 9:29 am

Yes please try IVY and see if it suits your need.

If IVY does not workas you require, I would suggest writing a python program. Python and PyVisa are free to download and use.

Return to “Organic Device Measurements”