Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.
There is a problem in the communication between Agilent N8974A and PC via KUSB 488A. I install the converter's driver. But I can not detect it from Agilent IO.Even the TETEST.exe can not detect the board (No Board Found on the system).
By the way, there are two signa on the top of board. one is READY (orange), one is ACTIVE (blind). The state is OK? or where can I find the instruction. Many thanks.
Check your c:\windows\system32\gpib32.dll file properties and see what the company and file version is....if Agilent, for instance, then that would explain your problem.
In all events, try the following:
1. Uninstall any Agilent GPIB driver (if present).
2. Uninstall the Keithley KUSB-488A driver
3. Search your system and remove any gpib-32.dll files (esp. from the :\windows\system32\ and c:\windows\syswow64 directories)
4. Reboot system
5. Download and install the latest KUSB-488A driver from Keithley's website which is appropriate for your hardware. It is possible you have an older driver version.
6. Login in and then connect your KUSB-488A.
If the device is not automatically recognized and connected, then:
Go to Control Panel -> Device Manager
Select "Action" from the top menu.
Then select "Scan for hardware changes"....Wait for device driver to completely install.
If successful, should appear in Device Manager listed under GPIB Interface.
7. If successful, connect an instrument and run the driver tests below to confirm presence of device and instrument:
Run the Keithley Instruments -> GPIB-488 -> GPIB Diagnostic (should display Board Id: GPIB0). If this works then use CEC -> TRTEST.EXE to talk to your instrument.
8. You should also be able to run the diagnostics that come with your card to confirm.
Finally, you should be able to run Agilient IO Connection Expert and see the GPIB device and instrument, if connected.
'Check your c:\windows\system32\gpib32.dll file properties and see what the company and file version is....if Agilent, for instance, then that would explain your problem.'
It is Agilent. So is it the mean the problem is in here? I really need to do the following setps?
Would you please give me your contact? I write email to your Germany office, but until now, I do not get feedback.
You will have to work with your company to have an admin remove the Agilent driver.
Also, uninstall the Keithley GPIB driver and reboot.
Then check the system after it is uninstalled for gpib-32.dll files.
Then install the newest Keithley GPIB driver.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests