Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

quick disconnect board for 228A

gopher

quick disconnect board for 228A

Post by gopher » February 14th, 2012, 9:30 am

I have a Keithley 228A voltage/current source, but it is missing the 228-160 quick disconnect board. As far as I can tell, no one sells these, and the used equipment dealers are not willing to part with them. My questions are:

1. Is there a replacement part that can be purchased from Keithley to allow connections to the V and i terminals?
2. If not, is there a workaround to make connections to the copper contacts where the board would normally fit in -- can these be connected directly or did the quick connect board have some circuitry that is needed? I cannot find any sort of pinouts that describe what is what in there (probably for safety, since this disconnect board was a safety thing)

Any assistance in getting this instrument to be functional would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Dale C
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Re: quick disconnect board for 228A

Post by Dale C » February 14th, 2012, 10:27 am

The quick disconnect is no long sold by Keithley as the 228 and 228A have been obsolete for nearly 10 years.
There is no circuity on the quick disconnect board.
Look in the instruction manual for pin outs.
Page 137 of 163 or page 8-11 should help.
Here is the link to the manual.
http://www.keithley.com/support/data?asset=859

gopher

Post by gopher » February 15th, 2012, 11:12 am

Thanks, that was very helpful, I got it to work and wired up some bnc's for the outputs that I needed.

JohnNery

Post by JohnNery » August 25th, 2017, 6:53 pm

Keithley as the 228 disconnect board

I can see where having one of these is very helpful. Perhaps more than one where multiple projects are underway.

I would like to know if there is a demand for this disconnect board.

If so with help from some Keithley 228 owner I believe I could up with a design and the price would be reasonable.

Please call or write back with any information

Thank you very much

John

[email protected]

401-624-4576

Return to “Instrument Accessories & GPIB”