Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

KUSB-488B not working with USB port

grkatz823

KUSB-488B not working with USB port

Post by grkatz823 » November 16th, 2012, 9:04 am

Hi,

I have a KUSB-488B connecting the Keithley 2700 to my computer via a USB port. My computer has two USB ports on the back but only one of these ports properly connects the 2700 to the computer. When connected to the other port the connection always fails. I thought at first that the USB port may be faulty but I tried other external devices (a mouse, keyboard) and they worked fine. While i'd like to believe it's the cable, i won't know for sure until I set up another computer with the same specifications and try to connect through its ports as well.

Are there any tests you know of so that I can ensure I know which side is causing the issue? Is there any reason that the KUSB-448B and the USB port wouldn't be compatible in this situation?

Thanks

RaymondR
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Re: KUSB-488B not working with USB port

Post by RaymondR » November 19th, 2012, 7:15 am

Hi grkatz823,

It should be fine. Be sure that if you do change ports that you reboot whatever program you're using to communicate with your 2700. Also be sure to reboot the instrument as well.

The only other thing is that make sure that both USB ports are 2.0. The KUSB-488B is USB 2.0 compliant. I would expect it to work with a 3.0 port too.

Let me know if that helps.

Return to “Instrument Accessories & GPIB”