Resistance vs time measurement

arpaloly

Resistance vs time measurement

Post by arpaloly » January 15th, 2018, 9:33 am

Hello,

I want to measure resistance vs time. I have a Keithley 236 source measure unit combined with a 4200-SCS system and another Keithley 195 system DMM. It would have been helpful if someone guides me step by step to do the same (procedure and software)..

Note:
1. A current vs time measurement for a fixed voltage will suffice If resistance measurement is not possible easily

2. Do these systems support Labtracer and KickStart Instrument Control Softwares?

Thanks for your help....

Dave W
Tektronix Applications
Tektronix Applications

Re: Resistance vs time measurement

Post by Dave W » January 17th, 2018, 8:10 am

Hi arpaloly,

You are talking about some old instrument models there. There is no software out there that will do what you are trying to do for those models, certainly not for the 236 or the 195. You will need to write your own code to control these instruments.

Using the 4200-SCS you would probably do what you are trying to do just using the 4200's SMUs in an Interactive Test Module in KITE. You will need to setup the SMU to source current and measure voltage and do this for several points. You could then use the formulator in KITE to divide the voltage by the current to give the resistance values. For the simplest setup, this would be your best bet.

Return to “Resistivity Measurements”