Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

Log resistivity mesaurements with high frequency for evaluation on PC

ithrak

Log resistivity mesaurements with high frequency for evaluation on PC

Post by ithrak » July 30th, 2019, 12:36 am

Hi,

I've got a custom sensor -- think of it as some sort of an FSR -- which I would like to evaluate by measuring its change in resistance over time, when external stress is applied, with highest sampling rate possible. I got a Keithley 2401 SourceMeter from an electronics lab on campus and tried to log resistivity measurements to a CSV file on my PC, therefore I made a little Python script, sending SCPI commands and logging received data into a file. I noticed that it seems to have trouble with requests beyond one every 0.5 seconds (I frequently get -110 "Undefined header" and -363 "Input buffer overrun"). Btw, I don't care about the file format or the connection to a PC, all I want at the end of the day is timestamped resistivity data, that I can get into Matlab or Excel for further analysis. I don't care so much for precision as the sensor itself is of very imprecise nature, most important for me is a high sampling frequency.

I was wondering is there a better way to accomplish what I'm trying to do or is it the wrong device for my kind of task? Or is there even a ready-made software you would use for this? I'm a computer science researcher with focus on human computer interaction, so please keep in mind I've got little experience with electronics and the answer to my question may be quite simple.

Thanks for your help.

Return to “Resistivity Measurements”