Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

Measurement of Micro Ohm with DAQ6510 - Module 7700

lucianogarc

Measurement of Micro Ohm with DAQ6510 - Module 7700

Post by lucianogarc » September 8th, 2019, 5:30 pm

Dear Tektronix Support crew.

Hereby this contact, I really need the support to clarify any doubt that I have evolving the module 7700 - DAQ6510 using the function of 4-wire measurement.

Throughout many manuals, videos on youtube as well as datasheet I looked for this info in detail but I am still on doubt and I am avoiding to make any connection.

The structure of the test I need to do with my product correlate Temperature and Resistance. I already connect all Thermocouple (6 points) and to conclude I also need to connect the resistance (4 points).
Note: Resistors will be in 4-wire using channel 1-11(paired), 2-12( (paired) , 3-13( (paired) and 4-14( (paired) . Thermocouples will use channel 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10.

I share the schematic pattern that I used to connect the resistors and one photo of mine 7700 module with all connections that I made on my understanding of the pattern.

Doubt 1) Do I really need to connect wires between channel 1 and 11 or the system pairs it automatically when I select 4-wire function? You can see from the photo that I made it with red wires.
Doubt 2) Do I need to connect any other channel of the 7700 module with these set of channels that I used for resistance? If yes, can you send me any pattern or photo detailing each wire?
Doubt 3) DO you have any other pattern (or a real photo) of a 7700 module configured to work with 4-wire measurement? If no, can you develop a pattern using channels 1, 2, 3, 4 in a 4-wire function using the file attached?
Doubt 4) Using Module 7700 am I correct to think that I will connect only 2 wires between the resistor and all of the connection that characterize the 4-wire method will be internally in the 7700 module?

Any help related to my doubts will be a good advance on my tests.

Thank you!!
Attachments
My Actual Configuration.pdf
(281.31 KiB) Downloaded 64 times
Module 7700.pdf
(161.65 KiB) Downloaded 64 times
4-wire assembly - Pattern followed.JPG
4-wire assembly - Pattern followed.JPG (89.54 KiB) Viewed 498 times

Andrea C
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Re: Measurement of Micro Ohm with DAQ6510 - Module 7700

Post by Andrea C » September 10th, 2019, 11:03 am

If I understand correctly, you are presently using jumper wires inside the 7700 to connect the HI of chan 1 and 11 together and the LO of chan 1 and 11 together. And then you run a single pair of wires outside of the 7700 to the resistor DUT.
This is not giving you lead wire error elimination benefit of 4-wire ohms.

For a four wire ohms channel on the 7700, you should run wires from both of the MUX card channels to the DUT. Bring four wires out:
7700_4Wire_Ohms.PNG
4Wire Ohms
7700_4Wire_Ohms.PNG (20.92 KiB) Viewed 482 times

Return to “Resistivity Measurements”