Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

LV-Link and VISA

jbouch

LV-Link and VISA

Post by jbouch » August 21st, 2014, 5:13 pm

I'm trying to setup a LabVIEW 2013 program which controls a number of instruments via GPIB and virtual COM. All of these use NI-VISA for communication and work fine. However, I also have a KUSB-3108 which uses the LV-Link3 software from Keithley, and I am using this to source an analog voltage. While I find I can communicate with the 3108 with no problem, I need to keep the task open or it turns off the output voltage. And unfortunately if I leave the task open I can no longer communicate with any of the GPIB devices (the virtual COM device still works fine, however).

Is there a way around this or do I need to get a different board that doesn't use LV-Link?

Edit: Also I should mention that once I've communicated with the 3108, the only way to communicate with the GPIB devices in the same labview project is to close and reopen the project. I can still communicate with the GPIB devices through VISA interactive control in NI-MAX

Andrea C
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Re: LV-Link and VISA

Post by Andrea C » September 5th, 2014, 9:44 am

What kind of GPIB interface do you have? Does it plug into USB port on the computer?

Have you tried initializing and running each from the same VI rather than trying to have two VIs open and running?

It sounds like there is contention for the same, perhaps USB, resource.

Return to “LabView Drivers”