Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

NI MAX not recognizing devices after LABVIEW install

pdschell

NI MAX not recognizing devices after LABVIEW install

Post by pdschell » October 14th, 2014, 11:56 am

I am trying to assist a lab owner to get Labview to recognize the attached Keithley devices. There are two devices attached via KUSB-488B. One device is a 7001 switch system and the other is a 2400 Sourcemeter. The attached computer is running Win7 Pro 64 Bit. Under Windows device manager I see listed an item Keithley GPIB Interface and if I expand that I see Keithley KUSB-488B. When I open NI MAX V 14.0.1f1 there are no USB attached devices listed which I presume is why LabVIEW does not recognize either. What device drivers should I be installing and in what order so that the attached devices will be recogized?

Stuart M
Keithley
Keithley

Re: NI MAX not recognizing devices after LABVIEW install

Post by Stuart M » October 14th, 2014, 12:44 pm

Keithley GPIB devices will not appear in NI-Max.
Open NI VISA Interactive Control to view them.

If you installed LabVIEW 32-bit and the device drivers, likely you installed NI-488.2 GPIB driver too.
Best to do is to open your control panel.
Look under Programs and Features.
Click the National Instruments Software Selection.
Click on the Uninstall/Change menu selection.
Select the NI-488.2 GPIB driver and press the Remove button.
Then press the Close button.
Then select the Keithley KUSB-488B driver and press the Remove button.
Reboot your system, then reinstall the Keithley KUSB-488B driver (install as NI Command Compatible is recommended).

If you installed LabVIEW 64-bit, let us know...

Return to “LabView Drivers”