Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

Continuous reading from Keithley 6485 with vi

qeadzcwsx

Continuous reading from Keithley 6485 with vi

Post by qeadzcwsx » September 15th, 2015, 2:54 am

Hi,

I am having some trouble getting my Keithley 6485 to function properly with my copy of LabVIEW 2014. I have found drivers for Keithely 6485 on both Keithley's website and LabVIEW's website.Keithely 6485 is communicating with my PC via a RS232.

To the problem:

I want to build up some codes to make my Keithely 6485 send data to PC continuously. I tried to write a Sweep Function with SCPI commands .But when setting a voltage and reading a current, on occasion the program will fail. I noticed the problem while attempting construct a loop in my vi, It seems that I have to trigger Keithely 6485 at each loop. If the time between each loop is too short, it will fail when I run vi. I'm wondering whether the reason of error is that the time of each loop is less than the triggering time of Keithely 6485.

If this is true.How can I fix my code.Is there any possible to write a SPCI command that I can make my Keithely 6485 send data to PC continuously with one trigger? This problem has troubling me for few weeks...

Thanks so much!!

qeadzcwsx

Re: Continuous reading from Keithley 6485 with vi

Post by qeadzcwsx » September 16th, 2015, 2:34 am

I've solved my problem!!
Thanks!

Dale C
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Post by Dale C » September 16th, 2015, 6:04 am

That is good news.
Can you post the solution?

el.moreno

Post by el.moreno » January 14th, 2016, 5:01 pm

Hello,

I am also trying to get continuous current measurements with this keithley.
However, I am running in to trouble.
I generally get a read.vi and loop it in a while loop.
For some reason, this will execute the first time, but will error out every time after that.
Any suggestions on which VI to use for continuous measurements?

Salvador

Attached is my vi. Be warned it will error after the first loop.
Attachments
keithley6485_single.vi
(15.17 KiB) Downloaded 1677 times

Kenneth P
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Post by Kenneth P » January 19th, 2016, 10:47 am

I don't have a copy of the latest LabVIEW version. I'm running 2013 so I can't open your .vi file. The issue could be the method that you are using to configure the trigger.
Generally, for a continuous measurement, the trigger source needs to be set to IMMediate. (TRIG:SOUR:IMM)
The trigger count should be set to INFinite. (TRIG:COUN:INF)
These two settings are necessary to allow the meter to read without receiving a trigger from some source. Usually, you can perform a FETch? and then perform a GPIB read to retrieve the data.

Return to “LabView Drivers”