Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

multimeter 2110-220- GPIB too slow with labview

clairant

multimeter 2110-220- GPIB too slow with labview

Post by clairant » January 28th, 2016, 9:19 am

Hello
I have recently aquired a 2110-220- GPIB for a simple voltage measurement because I was thinking the 30 years old one I was using was the responsible for the slowness of acquisition. I have chosen on purpose this one since it was claiming a high acquisition rate .
Nethertheless with the GPIB drivers provided by labview I cannot make it work faster than ~1 measurement per seconds (meter alone in the circuit) when I need a minimum of 3-4 per seconds (which is not very demanding I think). SInce I have to make the acquisition work with 3 other devices, it slows down the whole loop.
No filter is engaged, the pc and labview version are from 2015.
What did I do wrong ?
How can I configure it so that it is not the slowest acquisition time in the loop ?
Thanks for your help

Dale C
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Re: multimeter 2110-220- GPIB too slow with labview

Post by Dale C » January 28th, 2016, 12:05 pm

Several parameters control rate in the Model 2110.
Integration rate or NPLC. Select NPLC of 0.001 for fastest speed. Faster the speed the more noise. Keep that in mind. An NPLC of 1 should do.
Range - Do not use auto range. Select a range. That will speed up the measurement rate.
Filter -It is a digital filter. This means it takes a number of samples for each "filtered" reading. Disable the filter for speed.
Auto zero - This is a feature that keeps the measurement from drifting. Disable autozero for "bursts" of speed.
Trigger Delay - Set trigger delay to 0.0
These five parameters should have a large effect on the measurement rate.

Return to “LabView Drivers”