Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

Problem with DLL Lvlink2.dll

michael.wuethrich

Problem with DLL Lvlink2.dll

Post by michael.wuethrich » September 17th, 2012, 9:19 am

Hello

I have a Problem with my LabView Driver for my KUSB 3108.
I have installed LabView 2012 and the KUSB Series Device Drivers and the KUSB LabView Link from CD (KUSB-950-01 Rev H/June 2011). Now the following problem occurs:
When I open my VI (and also the installed example VIs) LabView always asks me for LV-LINK2.dll, which can not be found anywhere on my computer. Instead I have Lvlink2.dll installed. When I tell LabView that the Lvlink2 is the LV-LINk2, then the VI runs properly, but every time I open up my VI, LabView asks me again, where to find LV-LINK2.dll. So I changed the name of Lvlink2.dll to LV-LINK2.dll and it went well. I have saved the VI and now, when it starts up, it doesnt ask my anymore. When I saved the VI after changing the DLLs name, the following warnings occurred:

C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2012\user.lib\LV-LINK\PolySubVIs\OLReadMultiple2D.vi (OLReadMultiple2D.vi)
- Expected Assembly "LvLink2, Version=0.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=6b2ea1bc354cf364", but found "LvLink2, Version=1.6.0.4, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=6b2ea1bc354cf364."
C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2012\user.lib\LV-LINK\PolySubVIs\OLTimingSetOutput.vi (OLTimingSetOutput.vi)
- Expected Assembly "LvLink2, Version=0.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=6b2ea1bc354cf364", but found "LvLink2, Version=1.6.0.4, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=6b2ea1bc354cf364."

It seems, that LabView actually expected lvlink2.dll version 1.0.0 but asked for LV-LINK2.dll.
Does anyone know this problem? What is the correct way to solve it (changing dlls names doesn't seem to be a proper solution...).

Thank you for your help.

Michael

waltonwe

Re: Problem with DLL Lvlink2.dll

Post by waltonwe » December 14th, 2012, 1:02 pm

I am having this exact same problem. Could you please work on a solution? When I was originally having problems finding lvlink(it's still not included - in RevH), I called Keithley to speak to an engineer directly, and his response was essentially: "Keithley doesn't make this software, data translations does." So I went to data translations and downloaded lvlink3. Lvlink3 is not working properly: the voltages are off by about 1v during some tests and the board just reads random voltages and freezes in other cases. I'm working with data translations now on it, and I suggested lvLink2. They said lvLink2 is not compatible with LabVIEW2012, so now I'm sort of at a loss.

I tried lvLink2 anyway, and I get the problem described by michael.wuethrich. I tried renaming like he did, and it sort of works(with errors)--but I get errors when I try to make an executable (distributing the application as an executable is a must--we only have one copy of labVIEW developement environment). Does anyone have any ideas about what I can do? One of the main reasons we went with labview is because we got lvlink2 to work just fine with this board in LabVIEW2011 test.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I do not have the skills or time to write my own lvlink equivalent, so this is absolutely not an option.

I will be sure to post how this problem is resolved, if we're able to get things working.
Thank you!
Alex

cristar2

Re: Problem with DLL Lvlink2.dll

Post by cristar2 » July 1st, 2014, 12:01 pm

Did you ever figure out this problem? I am running LabView 2009 on a Windows 7 64 bit computer. I have KUSB-3116 and KUSB-3108. At this point I am just trying to get this to work with LabView.

It automatically generates the errors:
C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2009\user.lib\LV-LINK\PolySubVIs\OLReadMultiple2D.vi (OLReadMultiple2D.vi)
C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2009\user.lib\LV-LINK\PolySubVIs\OLTimingSetOutput.vi (OLTimingSetOutput.vi)

I just want to use these DAQs with LabView. Any help is beyond appreciated.

Return to “LabView Drivers”