Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

GUI in TSP Express

Use this forum for questions about Keithley Test Script Builder software.
mscigaj

GUI in TSP Express

Post by mscigaj » February 2nd, 2015, 11:33 am

Hello
I am a new user of Keithley SMU 2611B and I am writing a script where voltage is applied and current is measured. It is important for me to depict on a graph the data points while measuring. As I understood, it is not possible using TestScript Builder, so I am trying TSP Express. The problem is that the script has to make decisions while the SMU is measuring, thus using the embedded trigger is not possible. Unfortunately, at best I can now draw the data points just after my code sequence is finished (segments: Initialize, User, Data, Finalize) - of course in the case of a trigger I could have used the function _WaitForComplete(-1). I would like to know if it is possible to do the job using any Keithley software or if I have to invest in LabView or LabWindows. Thank you in advance for the reply.

Norbert W
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Re: GUI in TSP Express

Post by Norbert W » February 3rd, 2015, 2:41 am

Hello,

it is correct that the TestScriptBuilder is limited to offering no graphical display of readings.
Nevertheless you could see actual measurement values in TSB's Instrument Console using print commands in your script.
If looking at numerical data is sufficient for your purpose you need no extra investment of money in programming tools.
(If interested in changing values you could calculate differences of successive readings and print those &c.)

Detecting a trigger input could also be done while the script is running through checking for a
digital I/O line in an appropriate part of the script. The trigger input signal would have to be long enough to be
compatible with the sequence in your script.

mscigaj

Re: GUI in TSP Express

Post by mscigaj » February 3rd, 2015, 4:03 am

Hello,
Thank you for the prompt reply, I see that the user support works rely well here. Yes, I am aware of the print() command that can input the readings whenever I want, let me just express my certain disappointment that TSP Express, while having the graphical output tab, does not have a command -let's say- graph.adpoint(). Well, maybe in some new version. As I understood the trigger enables to run apply/measure commands "in the background", so that the script in the Data segment can monitor the buffer and add new points - I was wondering if it is doable to make some sort of a hybrid between the User code and the Data code to achieve my goal. If your experience is saying no to it, I will just go for LabView/LabWindows.
Just for the future reference I would like to mention that Keithley SMU 2611B (and for sure many others) is supposed to be working with MS Visual C/C++, and thus -I guess- it should be possible to create code and GUI using free MS Visual Studio Express (it is free also for commercial use), however probably it consumes more time.

Return to “Test Script Builder”