Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

TSP script to communicate between multiple devices

Use this forum for questions about Keithley Test Script Builder software.
Corgitronics

TSP script to communicate between multiple devices

Post by Corgitronics » November 14th, 2015, 6:35 pm

I was looking for a general example of having two SMUs running a script and communicating, but I haven't found anything like that.
Anyone have an example?

Also, can I run a TSP script on my 2450 and have it trigger or communicate with a script running on my DMM7510?

Sorry for the questions, I'm new to the TSP scripting.

Andrea C
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Re: TSP script to communicate between multiple devices

Post by Andrea C » December 1st, 2015, 6:30 am

If you have more than one of the TSP-Link capable products, then you would use the front panel controls to assign a unique node number to each product and use the provided Ethernet crossover cable to connect them on the TSP-Link connectors.
Typically one of the products would use node 1 and would be the master node.
The computer connection would be to this master node (over USB, GPIB or Ethernet).
From this connection, you can access subordinate nodes with the node[X].command type nomenclature.

In addition to basic communication, TSP-Link also provides three lines for triggering. These triggering lines can be used for handshaking or other coordination tasks.

Current product list that supports TSP-Link : 2600 Series of SMUs, 3706A DMM/Switching, 707B Switching, 2450, 2460, DMM7510

Check out the 2450 User Manual, chapter 7, for a detailed treatment of IV characteristics of FETs using two 2450. Both SCPI and TSP commands are provided.

Likewise, the DMM7510 User Manual, chapter 9, details integration of the DMM750 with the 3706A-S switch using TSP-Link.

Corgitronics

Re: TSP script to communicate between multiple devices

Post by Corgitronics » December 8th, 2015, 5:23 pm

Andrea, thank you.
I've been making good progress on my scripts... now what I need is budget to get a second SMU, perhaps a 2460 this time.

Return to “Test Script Builder”