Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

Modifying and running factory script in Keithley 2635

Use this forum for questions about Keithley Test Script Builder software.
lax2016

Modifying and running factory script in Keithley 2635

Post by lax2016 » October 19th, 2016, 11:28 pm

Hello
I have a Keithley 2635 and using for constant pulse current source, "PulseIMeasureV". I am novice to this instrument and scripting language.

With available factory script, it can generate 1000 pulse points maximum. I need to generated more than that in a single run, like 20 to 100 times. So for every 1000 pulse i should run the front panel settings. It is annoying me lot and painful too. To rid of this, I am trying to modify factory script with extending the maximum number of pulse points form 1000 to 100 000 (for example) and saved it as user scripting. To do this, I am just following user manual where it is given procedure to modifying the factory and to run it.

Attached the file of steps to do this task and modified script and modified script. Just I am following the same steps and saved script with a name * KIGeneralUser *.

Edited line in the script:
points = display.prompt("000000", " Pulses", "Enter number of pulses", 10, 1, 100000)

I successfully save script in the Non-volatile memory of the instrument and I can see the KIGeneralUser script in the user script list of instrument .

But when i execute the command (given below) in the Test Script Builder (TSB) as follows:
KIGeneralUser()

I am getting the message like: "1107, Cannot modify factory menu "

Due to this user script can not be accessed from front panel of the instrument.

I have tried to same thing mentioned in the manual (modifying the bias voltage).....end up with same warning message "1107, Cannot modify factory menu".

Is there any mistake doing that? Should I do something other?
Please give me any advice to fix this error.

If you have a labview program file for this function, please send me. You will be thankful for that.

I am appreciating you for reading this post. Hope you may help.

Many thanks :)
Attachments
KIGeneralUser.tsp
(4.16 KiB) Downloaded 1123 times
modifying _factory _script.pdf
(520.21 KiB) Downloaded 1123 times

Andrea C
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Re: Modifying and running factory script in Keithley 2635

Post by Andrea C » October 20th, 2016, 5:29 am

The very last line in your KIGeneralUser.tsp is:
display.loadmenu.add("Factory/PulseIMeasureV", "PulseIMeasureV()", 0)

This line is trying to overwrite the "Factory" defined PulseIMeasureV script which is protected.
I suggest you give the function, PulseIMeasureV, a different name and remove the "Factory/" part from the loadmenu.

Also, can you confirm the exact model and firmware level of your instrument?

lax2016

Re: Modifying and running factory script in Keithley 2635

Post by lax2016 » October 21st, 2016, 2:43 pm

Hi Andrea,

Thanks lot for the advice 8-)
Just I have followed you as said and runs well. The model is Keithley 2635 System SourceMeter. Sorry I don't know the firmware level of your instrument.

Return to “Test Script Builder”