Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

Header in CSV when saving buffer

Use this forum for questions about Keithley Test Script Builder software.
Marcus3967

Header in CSV when saving buffer

Post by Marcus3967 » July 7th, 2020, 11:06 am

Hello,

I am using a 2450 SMU with the latest firmware. I have a question about the function buffer.save() and buffer.saveappend()

When I use buffer.save() after all measurements are done the *.CSV file contains a header and a description of the columns, for example:

Style,Full
Append Mode,1
Fill Mode,0
Capacity,100
(...)
Index,Reading,Unit,Range Digits,Disp Digits,Math,Start Group,Limit1 High,Limit1 Low,Limit2 High,Limit2 Low,Terminal,Questionable,Origin,Date,Time,Fractional Seconds,Extra Values,Extra Unit,Extra Range Digits

When I save the test results after each measurement using buffer.saveappend() I do not get those headers.
In that case the first call to buffer.saveappend() creates the *.CSV file, but no headers.
I need to call buffer.save() at the end, to save the data again (although all data is already in the *.CSV file, but w/o the header lines).

An option would be to call buffer.save() with an empty buffer, to create the headers and then I can append the data step by
step. However that call raises an error message.

Is there any way around this?

Any helps and comments appreciated!

Thanks,
Marcus

Return to “Test Script Builder”