Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

TSB data output using keithley2612

Use this forum for questions about Keithley Test Script Builder software.
taochou

TSB data output using keithley2612

Post by taochou » November 19th, 2012, 6:44 pm

Hi everyone,
Just a simple question. I am using TSB to run tests on keithley 2612 non A. The scripts run all right. I wonder how to output the measured data as ".text" file. CtrlC/V is not very convenient. Thank you so much!

Kenneth P
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Re: TSB data output using keithley2612

Post by Kenneth P » November 20th, 2012, 11:18 am

Hello,

The only feature allowing you to save the information collected in Test Script Builder is the Save Console feature. All information in the console is saved including TSP prompts. You can consider using the File IO in your script and store the information directly from the script. There is much flexibility with the File IO capability. You can review the File I/O section in the Remote Commands chapter of the 2600A/B Operations Manuals for more details.

taochou

Post by taochou » November 20th, 2012, 10:57 pm

Kenneth P wrote:Hello,

The only feature allowing you to save the information collected in Test Script Builder is the Save Console feature. All information in the console is saved including TSP prompts. You can consider using the File IO in your script and store the information directly from the script. There is much flexibility with the File IO capability. You can review the File I/O section in the Remote Commands chapter of the 2600A/B Operations Manuals for more details.
Thank you for providing me help, which is so rapid. I've checked the I/O section in the TSB help documentations for 2600A series. However, I noticed that the data is written into an usb drive, which can't be connected to our 2612 non A. So does it mean that the old version doesn't have this function? Much obliged!

jmohin

Post by jmohin » November 5th, 2013, 2:36 pm

I have the same question and the same problem. I have a 2612 (NON-A) which does not have a USB port. I can easily connect to the instrument via GPIB and ethernet and utilize the TSB program.

I can also easily access the instrument from MATLAB. Can MATLAB write the script to the instrument and read the print buffer into a usable data variable which I can save to disk? Does anyone have any experience using MATLAB to write to the 2612 instrument?

Andrea C
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Post by Andrea C » November 12th, 2013, 5:00 am

Hi jmohin,

From Matlab, are you able to send the *IDN? command and then read back the response?

If you are able to read back instrument responses into Matlab, then you could make use of the 2612 print() or printbuffer() commands to have it send across the GPIB bus to Matlab: print(smua.measure.i())

Andrea

Return to “Test Script Builder”